CF (Compact Flash) card is a well-known memory card type used as a mass digital storage media in various multimedia devices. It can be used to store images, audio, videos, and other multimedia files for your convenience. However, sometimes while accessing data stored on CF card connected to Windows 8 computer you may end up accidentally formatting of CF card, instead of other system drive which eventually leads to erasing of entire data stored on CF card. In such circumstances, you may get frustrated due to losing of your favorite and memorable pictures and other data from CF card. What will you do now? Stop worrying! Here is a best possible approach to easily get back data from CF card on Windows 8 machine using Windows 8 Data Recovery software
This software is especially designed and developed by expert group of professionals to quite readily retrieve data from CF card on Windows 8 machine within few mouse clicks. It uses a wizard styled interface that can accomplish CF card recovery on Windows 8 PC at your fingertips. It has advanced scanning algorithms to perform exhaustive scanning of CF card to retrieve data including photo file extensions like JPEG, JPG, TIFF, TIF, PNG, BMP, GIF, PSD, etc., video file formats such as AVI, MP4, MOV, MPEG, MPG, M4V, 3G2, 3GP, RM, etc. and music file formats such as MP3, MP4, WAV, MIDI, M4b, M4A, AIFF, AIF, AIFC, RA, AMR, etc. based on their unique signatures. Moreover, one can use this software to retrieve data from crashed hard drive and external hard drive with ease.
Possible Causes behind Data Loss from CF Card on Windows 8:
- Unintentional Deletion: More often, while removing unwanted data stored on CF card you may end up erasing few of precious data on Windows 8 computer using shift + delete option. As a result of this, you may lose entire data from CF card on Windows 8 PC.
- CF Card Corruption: Whenever you make use of same CF card on different multimedia devices can severely corrupt its file system. As a result of this, entire data stored on CF card becomes inaccessible.
- Accidental Formatting: Sometimes, while accessing data stored on CF card connected to Windows 8 computer. Unfortunately, you may end up accidentally format CF card instead of other system drive. As a result of this, you may lose entire data stored on CF card.
- Abrupt Interruption: At certain instances, while transferring or moving data stored on CF card connected to Windows 8 machine, if any sort of interruption like unplugging or removal of CF card off card reader. As a result of this, you may lose entire data stored on CF card.
- Using Third Party Software: At times, whenever you make use of unreliable third party tool can be the reason behind data loss from CF card on Windows 8 machine.
In order to overcome the above mentioned causes behind data loss from CF card on Windows 8, one should regularly take proper data backup and immediately stop using CF card to avoid data overwriting. But, unfortunately if you are unable to preserve proper data backup and desperately in search of a reliable solution to overcome this problem. Then, your wait has come to an end because now it’s possible even for the novice users to easily restore data from CF card on Windows 8 computer using CF Card Recovery software. It is a read only, easy to use and cost effective solution that can even recover digital RAW files supported by various professional DSLR digital camera and camcorder manufacturers like Kodak, Nikon, Canon, Panasonic, Sony, Minolta, etc. In addition, one can perform USB drive data recovery on Windows 8 computer with great ease.
Apart from CF card, even you can employ this powerful software to accomplish data recovery from other memory card types like SD card, SDHC, SDXC, XD card, MMC, etc. It supports various memory card manufacturing brands such as SanDisk, Lexar, Kingston, Transcend, LaCie, etc. This software enables you to retrieve your files efficiently from formatted or reformatted CF card. It can restore data after reformatting CF card from FAT16 to FAT32 or FAT to NTFS file system. This software can carry out CF card recovery on other versions of Windows OS 7, Vista, XP, 2003, 2000, etc.
Points to Remember:
- Never use same Lexar CF memory card on different gadgets that can result in card corruption
- Always maintain proper backup of files to get rid of accidental data loss scenarios
- Make use of genuine antivirus program to treat malicious virus infection to the CF card
- One should never abruptly unplug or remove CF card off Windows machine during data transfer process
Steps to Restore Data from CF Card on Windows 8 Computer:
Step 1: Connect CF card to your Windows 8 machine. Now, download and install Windows 8 Data Recovery application on your Windows 8 computer to recover data from CF card easily. Then, open this tool and select "Recover Photos" option from main screen as shown in fig 1.
Fig 1: Main Screen
Step 2: Now, select CF card from where you have lost your important data. Then, click on "Next" option to start scanning process as shown in fig 2.
Fig 2: Select CF Card
Step 3: After completion of scanning process, recovered data will be shown in a list as shown in fig 3.
Fig 3: Recovered Data