According to Microsoft forum, it seems that Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 8 stuck at 99%. So how to fix Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 8 stuck at 99% issue becomes quite important. I have found many questions in forum related to this which are mentioned below.“Installed Windows 8 on a new system and after installing service pack 1 started the upgrade to Windows 10. But while upgrading it gets stuck at 99%. Even after hours, it remains stuck there.”
Two major cases that most of the users would have face while Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 8:
Case 1: Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant Stuck at 99%
Case 2. Windows 10 Reset Stuck at 99%
Many users were encountering Windows 10 upgrade stuck at some % issues on Windows 10 forums such as Windows 10 upgrade stuck 76%, 43%, 32%, 2%, and even at 0%. If you are facing such issues, then don’t get worried.
Solution 1. Do Nothing but Wait (wait until the upgrade completes)
Solution 2. Clean Up Extremely Large Files and Junk Files and Do Windows 10 Upgrade Later
Solution 3. Disconnect Any Peripherals
Solution 4. Use "Try Again" Option in Upgrade Assistant App
Solution 5. Upgrade to Windows 10 Using Third Party Tool
While upgrading Windows 8 to Windows 10, you may lose some vital data. If you are facing data loss, then don’t get panic. In such situations, you can opt Windows Data Recovery software to recover lost or deleted data from Windows system. For more details, you can visit this link: http://www.windows8datarecovery.netReasons that cause Windows 10 upgrade assistant stuck:
- Unknown system error
- Virus attack
- Downloaded update files damaged
- System or boot partition fail to load new update
Features of Windows Data Recovery Software:
- This software is capable of recovering lost data from Windows system if you lose data when Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 8 stuck at 99 %.
- Recovers data from deleted partition, lost, corrupt, formatted or reformatted partitions.
- It facilitates to add or edit file signature to the non-listed files.
- After recovering data from Windows system hard drive, it allows users to take the preview of the recovered files prior to restoration.
- This tool also recovers data from external hard drive, USB drive, pen drive, FireWire drive, memory card, memory stick, etc.
Steps to Recover Files after Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 8 Stuck at 99%:
Step 1: Download and install Windows Data Recovery software, then launch this tool to open Home Screen.
Fig 1: Home Screen
Step 2: Choose the appropriate drive and click on “Next” option to start scanning process.
Fig 2: Choose Drive
Step 3: As the scanning process gets over, the files can be viewed using “Preview ” option.
Fig 3: Restored Files